How to Use Young Living Essential Oils
Essential oils are the aromatic liquids found within shrubs, flowers, trees, roots, bushes, resins and seeds. These oils, also known as nature's living energy, contain unique constituents that provide therapeutic results.
Follow the guide below - along with the individual instructions on each Young Living Essential Oils label - to experience the amazing health-promoting benefits of essential oils.*
Inhaling certain essential oils heightens the senses and can have many positive effects on the body. Try these ideas to use Young Living essential oils for inhalation:
- Inhale directly from the bottle.
- Diffuse with any of Young Living's premium diffusers.
- Carefully pour hot water into a bowl and add a few drops of Young Living's essential oil. Cover your head and bowl in a tent-like fashion with a towel. Breathe deeply and slowly.
Many essential oils are safe to use directly on the skin:
- Place 2-3 drops of oil in the palm of your hand or directly on the desired application area. Massage the oil in a circular motion onto the skin. Repeat if desired.
- Use one of Young Living's essential oil roll-ons or add an AromaGlide fitment to the bottle of your favorite Young Living essential oil for targeted application.
CAUTION: Essential oils are very potent and some may be irritating to the skin. If irritation occurs, do not try to flush with water - apply Young Living's V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex or any pure vegetable oil to the area to dilute.
Some Young Living essential oils make excellent dietary supplements or food flavorings. To take Young Living essential oils internally, try these tips:
- Place several drops into a gelatin capsule and swallow it with water.
- Add 1-2 drops to a glass of water, NingXia Red or other natural juice, or even yogurt.
- Add 1-2 drops (to taste) to your meals when cooking.
- Add 1-2 drops to a teaspoon of Young Living Yacon or Blue Agave and swallow.
*This guide applies only to the use of Young Living Therapeutic Grade™ essential oils.